Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'm a Really Bad Poet!

I won Chip MacGregor's Annual Bad Poetry Contest!

Chip, a respected literary agent, hosts the competition every year on his birthday. On a lark I wrote what was on my heart - a poem about fishing. And it was bad enough to win.

As I was reading Chip's blog today, reading through the competitor's horrible work, I came to fifth place, Don Juan of Motor City, and I thought to myself -- no way I can be worse than this! But I was!

Here's where the contest starts.  (Entries are in the Comments. Be sure and click on the little tiny arrow at the bottom to see all the pages of Comments.)



I'm supposed to get a lava lamp as a prize. Woot!

If you'd like to read good poetry instead, check out my son Jeremy's viral blog - The Aloha Project - easily one of the classiest blogs out there. If you like good poetry and artistic expression on post cards, send the link to all your friends. If you write good poetry and like to make post cards, send in an entry.

1 comment:

Marci said...

And the best part is...I know you meant every word of that poem! LOL!