Monday, November 21, 2005

BIG JESUS


I can't believe it. BIG JESUS made the news here in Detroit.

After several trips to Nashville via I75 through Ohio, we learned to look for this laugh-out-loud landmark. Anybody heading down after us was cued up to watch for it; not that anyone would actually miss it. If you're not sleeping, you'll see it.

According to the Free Press article, people are now claiming that BIG JESUS has protected drivers on the very dangerous stretch of the interstate. "Thank you, BIG JESUS!"

Goodness.

Can I get a little BIG JESUS for my kitchen? Fewer bagel knife mishaps would be nice. And I should have one for my car - the Protestant version of St. Chris.

People who buy into this and then wag the finger at Catholics for things like Rosaries and Icons and Candles for the Dead should be forced to put a BIG JESUS on the top of their homes so we will know which houses to avoid.

Of course, it might make the neighborhood safer.

No comments: