- Humming and singing and whistling while they're in the shower or walking through the house.
- The buzz of voices, a jazz composition that allows fantastic flights of improvisation, sounds rising and dipping and merging and floating to the top, but with a meter and beat that is familiar like old socks.
- Laughter. More than any ear deserves. Laughter as simple audible grace.
- Dice rolling on the hardwood table. Scrabble tiles being stirred in the bag. Shuffling cards. The ear-splitting shaking of Boggle cubes.
- The distinct, utterly unique scraping of hands through buckets of Lego bricks, searching for the right one, one in a million.
- Silent breathing in a dark room with the Christmas tree lights on.
- Feet tumbling down the stairs, identifying by the cadence, landing, and creak of wood the individual who walks with them.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
Do you hear what I hear?
Posted by Ron Benson at 7:42 PM