Friday, November 05, 2010

Grandma Tales

FAQs

After flipping every light switch in her room, in the room next door, and the next one: "How do I turn off this TV?"

After waking up at 10:00 a.m.: "Is it time to get up?"

After mixing two cans of Campbell's soup, one Bean With Bacon and one Chicken Noodle, without water: "Is there some salt I can put in here?"

"Is this Sunday?"
"Is this Saturday?"
"Is this Friday?"  (You get the picture).

"Is tomorrow hair day?"

"So, I'm going to have to be all alone all day long, the whole day?" (Grandma's hardly ever alone).

Peeking out of her room at 5:00 a.m. (and 5:23, and 5:58), "Are we going to church today?"

This is getting rough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The title: Grace Clinic - I get it. It's where Grandma lives.

I do love your Grandma stories; and in the same note understand the boatload of patience and grace required to provide Grandma a loving home.

Just like the "Force", may "Grace" be with you.