Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Grandma Tales

I thought you'd enjoy this:

We're coming up on the annual Freeland Walleye Festival. Freeland is where I live. Walleye is what's in the river. The Festival celebrates it all.

So, in the spirit of civic involvement, and because I love to fish, and because walleye is good eating even if it's loaded to the gills with dioxins, I entered the Freeland Walleye Festival Fishing Tournament last year. And I fished on Sunday. After church. For an hour. Maybe. It was raining.

Fishing on a Sunday is verboten to my mother.

Anyway, I found this note today. On a Sunday, maybe that Sunday, my mom had this note delivered to me at my fishing spot in our backyard on the Tittabawassee River:

Dear Ron,
Your mother does NOT like you fishing on Sunday.
And I'm sure your congregation won't like it when they hear you do SUNDAY fishing!
P.S. I love you anyway, and please come in and get some supper.
Love,
Your Mother.
'Nuff said.
 

3 comments:

Vera said...

Yay grandma! <> LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

That letter is a keeper !

1) Sabbath: Sunday or Saturday, we really don't know...

2) Fishing: Work or Pleasure, not even fishmen know...

Marci said...

Mothers never stop mothering!

P.S. I forgive you for fishing on a Sunday. But please don't tell Grandma Benson I said that; I don't want to get on her bad side :D